Listen to our Podcast: Hygge – The Art Of Slow Living (Season I)
Or follow some ideas below.
Hygge A Way Of Life.
We are often busy with this thing called life and our jobs and many other responsibilities. Undoubtedly, we all know that what’s happening around the globe right now is just painful to watch and experience. But I think it’s important to stay positive and focus on our blessings rather than our misfortunes. Hence, this is a rare moment to slow down a bit and get to know Hygge.
What is Hygge?
It’s a Scandinavian way of life that celebrates health and happiness and in other ways besides just home decor.
Here are some ways that you can integrate Hygge into your lifestyle:
- Be with friends and family more often. Spend time with your children.
- Enjoy the simple things in life as well as life’s simple pleasures: a warm bath, a massage, afternoon nap.
- Be in the now, be present, stay in the moment, and be thankful.
- During the weekend, stay an extra hour in bed.
- Invite friends for a barbeque and grill something delicious.
- Live a sustainable life, reuse, donate, recycle—Declutter your home and garage.
- Grow and learn by taking up a new hobby, such as cooking, or photography, and even knitting.
- Avoid stress as much as possible in all life situations.
- Appreciate nature, where you live, changing seasons, rain, snow, sun.
- Read a good book or write in a journal. Pray and meditate.
All text copyright Caramel Chic LLC. Please don’t copy it.
Photography: Ellieelien, Stockholm, Sweden